Saturday, August 28, 2010

Got bottle caps?

I have lots of bottle caps sitting in a cup at home. I have been trying to come up with some uses for the caps. I came across this idea of crocheting over the bottle caps to make a trivet. I haven't tried this yet because I don't know how to crochet.

My Amphetamines and My Pearls has taken the idea of recycling and incorporated it into the trivet design. I learned that trivets have two uses; prevents water rings on the table and keeps hot drinks hot. I learn something new everyday.

Mikalah at Posy the Porcelain Pig used small pieces of fabric to cover the bottle caps. They almost look like buttons.
Great ideas fellow bloggers. Now I'm off to work on my own designs.


3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I have never seen a trivet made out of bottle caps before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, fun! lately, a friend and i have been making handmade magnetic poetry out of bottle caps. (trying to do a homemade christmas this year, so we're starting early!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat...I'd like to see the final product Rachael. Please post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...