Thursday, July 22, 2010

For the love of Dogs

When I was a kid I wanted an animal so bad. My neighbor would say, "I think your parents will get you a pink pony." I never got that pink pony, but I did get a dog named Benji. He was a scruffy terrier mix that I loved more than anything in the world. I thought that I had this special bond with him that would never be filled by any other dog. Since Benji I have had a handful of other dogs, each one just as special as the last. My current puppies are Tito; a crazy, confident, easy going Setter mix. I got Tito when he was only 10 weeks old and was he ever a handful. I felt that I had a toddler except for the fact that I could lock him up in a cage. With lots of training classes and diligent work, Tito has become one amazing dog. I couldn't ask for a better baby. Tito's best friend is Curly a Border Collie mix. Curly was my first dog as an adult. I adopted him in 2000 and we have grown together through good and bad times. He will be 10 years old later this month. Where has the time gone?

 Tito and Curly posing for the camera
My dogs are a big part of my life and I like spending time with them so I am always on the lookout for dog friendly venues. Cincinnati is starting to really embrace our furry friends. 

Here are a couple places we frequent:
1. Neons in Over the Rhine - This bar has a beautiful courtyard great for lounging with your fluffy friend. I really love the sign on the front door that says "Dogs welcome".

2. Findlay Market - Good spot to enjoy some lunch outside and listen to the street performers play guitar or sing. Doggies have to stay outside but there are plenty of outdoor vendors to browse with your pups.

3. The Comet in Northside has a couple of tables outside to eat and drink. I took the dogs up there on Sunday. We hung out with some friendly people and had a grapefruit soda...yum. Poor dogs just had water.

Does anyone else know of other places that are dog friendly?

1 comment:

  1. those dogs are adorable! i'm a dog lover myself. we have a shihtzu and a lhasa apso-yorkie mix :) it's so interesting how they have such opposite personalities!

    leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...