Saturday, June 19, 2010

Waste not

Every time I cut out a new pattern I put my scrap pieces of material in a basket instead of throwing them away. Just waiting for the moment when I think of something great to do with the pieces. I normally am not a pack rat but since I started Purdy I feel like I need to keep anything that could possibly be reused. So on Monday, I sat down on my floor with my material pieces, hoping for some idea to pop into my head. After folding and pinning and cutting, I had a prototype.





I wanted to create some decorative embellishments for my bags and I thought the scrap material would work. I rooted through the scraps for long slender pieces. I used these pieces to create my new design.







I would call this my first official purse. Everything I have made up to this point has been more of a multipurpose bag. But this is definitely a purse. Personally, I don't like to carry a purse, but I used this purse last night and found it to be pretty comfortable. Maybe I will convert from bags to purses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...